Updated Jan 3, 2013 - 11:10 am
Report: Andy Reid to Kansas City Chiefs 'imminent'
According to CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora, the former Eagles coach is set to become the boss in Kansas City.
A deal between the Chiefs and Andy Reid is not imminent following latest meetings. expect sweeping changes and announcement likely today...— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 3, 2013
La Canfora meant to say it was "now imminent", which he tweeted out shortly after.
Reid will not be traveling to San Diego or Arizona. Issues of staff and structure were hashed out today.— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 3, 2013
It's a somewhat stunning turn of events if only for the fact that as of Tuesday it was being reported that Reid was all but certain to be taking the Arizona job. However, the most high-profile coach on the market reportedly had a good interview with the Chiefs Wednesday, and decided to cancel scheduled visits to Arizona and San Diego.
Though Reid may (or may not) have been their top choice, the Cardinals can now turn their attention to current defensive coordinator Ray Horton, who they have interviewed twice already, Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy, who they are scheduled to chat with this weekend, and Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Todd Haley, who the Cardinals have asked for permission to talk to.
No matter where they go, Arizona Sports 620's Kyndra de St. Aubin is reporting the Cardinals will not be conducting interviews Thursday.
- Free agent kicker Jay Feely announces he's re-signed with Arizona Cardinals
- NFL Draft '14: Six-round mock draft for the Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals running back Rashard Mendenhall calls it quits in Huffington Post article
- NFL writer: Cardinals could turn attention to Jared Veldheer if Branden Albert heads to Dolphins
- PFT: All signs point to free agent tackle Albert signing with Dolphins
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.