Updated Jan 3, 2013 - 11:10 am
Report: Andy Reid to Kansas City Chiefs 'imminent'
According to CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora, the former Eagles coach is set to become the boss in Kansas City.
A deal between the Chiefs and Andy Reid is not imminent following latest meetings. expect sweeping changes and announcement likely today...— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 3, 2013
La Canfora meant to say it was "now imminent", which he tweeted out shortly after.
Reid will not be traveling to San Diego or Arizona. Issues of staff and structure were hashed out today.— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 3, 2013
It's a somewhat stunning turn of events if only for the fact that as of Tuesday it was being reported that Reid was all but certain to be taking the Arizona job. However, the most high-profile coach on the market reportedly had a good interview with the Chiefs Wednesday, and decided to cancel scheduled visits to Arizona and San Diego.
Though Reid may (or may not) have been their top choice, the Cardinals can now turn their attention to current defensive coordinator Ray Horton, who they have interviewed twice already, Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy, who they are scheduled to chat with this weekend, and Pittsburgh offensive coordinator Todd Haley, who the Cardinals have asked for permission to talk to.
No matter where they go, Arizona Sports 620's Kyndra de St. Aubin is reporting the Cardinals will not be conducting interviews Thursday.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.