Updated Jan 3, 2013 - 10:00 am
Report: Reid likes Kansas City, but still plans other interviews
Tuesday it was reported by various outlets that the former Eagles coach was almost certain to replace Ken Whisenhunt in Arizona.
Now Thursday, it's being reported that Reid and the Kansas City Chiefs are on the verge of a deal.
According to NFL.com, Reid is still planning on meeting with at least two more teams about job openings.
Reid will interview with the Arizona Cardinals on Thursday as planned, according to NFL.com's three amigos: Steve Wyche, Ian Rapoport and Albert Breer. Reid also plans to interview with the San Diego Chargers this weekend, which is near where he owns a home, someone with knowledge of the meetings told Wyche.
As the report notes, it's possible Reid's plans could change, and Philadelphia sports radio host Howard Eskin is reporting that Reid does not have any interview scheduled in Arizona.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker John Abraham's three-sack day puts him in historic company
- Larry Fitzgerald's big day leads Arizona Cardinals to win over St. Louis Rams
- Karlos Dansby continues happy homecoming with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' quarterback Carson Palmer shines in win over St. Louis Rams
- Arizona Cardinals fear Tyrann Mathieu suffered ACL injury in win over Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?