Updated Jan 3, 2013 - 10:00 am
Report: Reid likes Kansas City, but still plans other interviews
Tuesday it was reported by various outlets that the former Eagles coach was almost certain to replace Ken Whisenhunt in Arizona.
Now Thursday, it's being reported that Reid and the Kansas City Chiefs are on the verge of a deal.
According to NFL.com, Reid is still planning on meeting with at least two more teams about job openings.
Reid will interview with the Arizona Cardinals on Thursday as planned, according to NFL.com's three amigos: Steve Wyche, Ian Rapoport and Albert Breer. Reid also plans to interview with the San Diego Chargers this weekend, which is near where he owns a home, someone with knowledge of the meetings told Wyche.
As the report notes, it's possible Reid's plans could change, and Philadelphia sports radio host Howard Eskin is reporting that Reid does not have any interview scheduled in Arizona.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials