Updated Jan 3, 2013 - 10:00 am
Report: Reid likes Kansas City, but still plans other interviews
Tuesday it was reported by various outlets that the former Eagles coach was almost certain to replace Ken Whisenhunt in Arizona.
Now Thursday, it's being reported that Reid and the Kansas City Chiefs are on the verge of a deal.
According to NFL.com, Reid is still planning on meeting with at least two more teams about job openings.
Reid will interview with the Arizona Cardinals on Thursday as planned, according to NFL.com's three amigos: Steve Wyche, Ian Rapoport and Albert Breer. Reid also plans to interview with the San Diego Chargers this weekend, which is near where he owns a home, someone with knowledge of the meetings told Wyche.
As the report notes, it's possible Reid's plans could change, and Philadelphia sports radio host Howard Eskin is reporting that Reid does not have any interview scheduled in Arizona.
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.
- House of Cards Camp Awards - Friday August 22Doug & Wolf announce the winners of the 2014 House of Cards Camp Awards.
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.