Updated Jan 3, 2013 - 9:26 am
Cardinals ask Steelers for permission to interview Todd Haley
Originally published: Jan 3, 2013 - 9:09 am
The Arizona Cardinals have put a familiar face on their list of coaching candidates.
Multiple reports say the Cardinals have asked the Pittsburgh Steelers' permission to interview offensive coordinator Todd Haley.
Haley called plays for the Cardinals during their Super Bowl run in 2008-09.
The Cardinals have in fact formally asked for permission from the Steelers to interview Todd Haley— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 3, 2013
Haley left the Cardinals to become the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs and was there for nearly three years.
The Cardinals interviewed defensive coordinator Ray Horton early in the week, are expected to interview Andy Reid on Thursday, although it looks like Kansas City is trying to not let that happen.
They have also set up an interview with Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy this weekend.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up