Updated Jan 3, 2013 - 9:26 am
Cardinals ask Steelers for permission to interview Todd Haley
Originally published: Jan 3, 2013 - 9:09 am
The Arizona Cardinals have put a familiar face on their list of coaching candidates.
Multiple reports say the Cardinals have asked the Pittsburgh Steelers' permission to interview offensive coordinator Todd Haley.
Haley called plays for the Cardinals during their Super Bowl run in 2008-09.
The Cardinals have in fact formally asked for permission from the Steelers to interview Todd Haley— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 3, 2013
Haley left the Cardinals to become the head coach of the Kansas City Chiefs and was there for nearly three years.
The Cardinals interviewed defensive coordinator Ray Horton early in the week, are expected to interview Andy Reid on Thursday, although it looks like Kansas City is trying to not let that happen.
They have also set up an interview with Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy this weekend.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?