Updated Jan 2, 2013 - 7:33 pm
Ray Horton: Interviews with Cardinals, Browns and Bills have gone well
Thought to be a likely candidate to replace Ken Whisenhunt in Arizona, Horton has already twice interviewed with Cardinals president Michael Bidwill as well as the Cleveland Browns and Buffalo Bills.
And, as Arizona Sports 620's Kyndra de St. Aubin is reporting, all three interviews went well.
Horton thought interview w/ Cards went really well & felt he didnt say anything or do anything 2 lose job— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) January 2, 2013
Horton thought interview w/ Browns went extremely well-they called his agent after interview & said it was outstanding— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) January 2, 2013
Horton says interview with Bills also went really well. Rapid fire question & answer session. Felt good about it.— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) January 3, 2013
St. Aubin also tweeted Horton has not yet heard from two other prominent teams that are in search of a new head coach.
As of Wednesday evening Horton has still not heard from his agent about SD or Chiefs.— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) January 3, 2013
Horton interviewed for the St. Louis Rams vacancy last season, with the team brass apparently leaving very impressed. While he has been a coordinator for just two seasons, many believe he is ready to take over a team.
Monday, before news of Whisenhunt's dismissal was made public, some Cardinals players expressed hope Horton would not be leaving for a job somewhere else.
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- NFL.com's Rosenthal: Calais Campbell among NFL's most underrated players
- Arizona Cardinals' Andre Ellington tops ESPN list of breakout candidates
- Ron Jaworski: Arizona Cardinals' Carson Palmer 20th-best QB in NFL
- NFL.com writers: Arizona Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald 'primed to regress in 2014'
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.