Updated Jan 2, 2013 - 7:33 pm
Ray Horton: Interviews with Cardinals, Browns and Bills have gone well
Thought to be a likely candidate to replace Ken Whisenhunt in Arizona, Horton has already twice interviewed with Cardinals president Michael Bidwill as well as the Cleveland Browns and Buffalo Bills.
And, as Arizona Sports 620's Kyndra de St. Aubin is reporting, all three interviews went well.
Horton thought interview w/ Cards went really well & felt he didnt say anything or do anything 2 lose job— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) January 2, 2013
Horton thought interview w/ Browns went extremely well-they called his agent after interview & said it was outstanding— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) January 2, 2013
Horton says interview with Bills also went really well. Rapid fire question & answer session. Felt good about it.— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) January 3, 2013
St. Aubin also tweeted Horton has not yet heard from two other prominent teams that are in search of a new head coach.
As of Wednesday evening Horton has still not heard from his agent about SD or Chiefs.— Kyndra de St. Aubin (@Kyndra620) January 3, 2013
Horton interviewed for the St. Louis Rams vacancy last season, with the team brass apparently leaving very impressed. While he has been a coordinator for just two seasons, many believe he is ready to take over a team.
Monday, before news of Whisenhunt's dismissal was made public, some Cardinals players expressed hope Horton would not be leaving for a job somewhere else.
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Arizona Cardinals center Lyle Sendlein to miss 3 weeks after suffering calf injury
- John Brown is like…
- Arizona Cardinals training camp -- Monday observations
- Report: Cardinals LB John Abraham arrested, charged with DUI in Georgia in June
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b
- Antonio Cromartie, Cardinals defensive back - Monday July 28Antonio Cromartie talks about his expectations for this year's Arizona Cardinals.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday July 28Cardinals coach Bruce Arians talks about the first days of training camp and what he's seen from pl
- Dave Pasch, Voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Monday July 28The voice of the Cardinals Dave Pasch shares his first impressions of training camp.