Updated Jan 2, 2013 - 10:05 am
Report has Penn State's Bill O'Brien on Cardinals list of candidates
Originally published: Jan 2, 2013 - 7:51 am
The list of candidates for the Arizona Cardinals head coaching job now includes a college coach.
According to PennLive.com the Cardinals are one of three teams that plan to interview Penn State's Bill O'Brien.
O'Brien went 8-4 in his first season as the coach in Happy Valley.
Before taking over the Penn State program, O'Brien had been the offensive coordinator for the New England Patriots. Should he leave the Nittany Lions for the NFL, the team that hires him will owe the school a $9.2 million buyout, according to ESPN's Darren Rovell.
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Franz's 2013 NFL Power Poll - Week 15
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.