Updated Jan 1, 2013 - 2:25 pm
NFL Insider: Andy Reid 'expected' to land in Arizona
There has been much speculation about who will take over the head coaching reins of the Arizona Cardinals.
One name that has been linked frequently to the Cardinals is former Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid.
CBS NFL Insider Jason La Canfora tweeted he expects Reid to wind up in Arizona.
I'm getting the sense more and more than Kelly stays at Oregon, but we shall see. Also expect Andy Reid to end up with the Cards job— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 1, 2013
It has been reported that Reid will interview with Cardinals' brass about the head coaching vacancy.
The veteran coach was a mainstay on the sidelines in Philadelphia for 14 seasons and led the Eagles to five NFC Championship games and one Super Bowl appearance.
In recent years, Reid failed to meet the Eagles' hefty expectations and was unable to get high-priced free agents to perform. Philadelphia went a disappointing 12-20 over the past two seasons, sealing the acclaimed coach's fate.
Reid is expected to be a sought-after coach this offseason but he could be enticed to join the Cardinals, who already have a championship-caliber defense in place.
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 13
- Arizona Cardinals: Wins meaningless without playoffs
- Carson Palmer needs a left tackle for Christmas, ESPN's Jaworski says
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Dave Pasch, Cardinals radio announcer - Friday December 13Pasch gives his thoughts on this weekend's Cardinals game against the Titans.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 13Go inside the Film Room with Wolf to analyze the Cardinals-Titans matchup.
- Wolf's 5 Star NFL Game - Friday December 13What is the must-see NFL game of the weekend?
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 13Does Shanahan want out of DC? Will Rodgers play again this season? Can the Patriots survive without
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.