Updated Jan 1, 2013 - 2:25 pm
NFL Insider: Andy Reid 'expected' to land in Arizona
There has been much speculation about who will take over the head coaching reins of the Arizona Cardinals.
One name that has been linked frequently to the Cardinals is former Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid.
CBS NFL Insider Jason La Canfora tweeted he expects Reid to wind up in Arizona.
I'm getting the sense more and more than Kelly stays at Oregon, but we shall see. Also expect Andy Reid to end up with the Cards job— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 1, 2013
It has been reported that Reid will interview with Cardinals' brass about the head coaching vacancy.
The veteran coach was a mainstay on the sidelines in Philadelphia for 14 seasons and led the Eagles to five NFC Championship games and one Super Bowl appearance.
In recent years, Reid failed to meet the Eagles' hefty expectations and was unable to get high-priced free agents to perform. Philadelphia went a disappointing 12-20 over the past two seasons, sealing the acclaimed coach's fate.
Reid is expected to be a sought-after coach this offseason but he could be enticed to join the Cardinals, who already have a championship-caliber defense in place.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.