Updated Jan 1, 2013 - 2:25 pm
NFL Insider: Andy Reid 'expected' to land in Arizona
There has been much speculation about who will take over the head coaching reins of the Arizona Cardinals.
One name that has been linked frequently to the Cardinals is former Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid.
CBS NFL Insider Jason La Canfora tweeted he expects Reid to wind up in Arizona.
I'm getting the sense more and more than Kelly stays at Oregon, but we shall see. Also expect Andy Reid to end up with the Cards job— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 1, 2013
It has been reported that Reid will interview with Cardinals' brass about the head coaching vacancy.
The veteran coach was a mainstay on the sidelines in Philadelphia for 14 seasons and led the Eagles to five NFC Championship games and one Super Bowl appearance.
In recent years, Reid failed to meet the Eagles' hefty expectations and was unable to get high-priced free agents to perform. Philadelphia went a disappointing 12-20 over the past two seasons, sealing the acclaimed coach's fate.
Reid is expected to be a sought-after coach this offseason but he could be enticed to join the Cardinals, who already have a championship-caliber defense in place.
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett