Updated Jan 1, 2013 - 2:25 pm
NFL Insider: Andy Reid 'expected' to land in Arizona
There has been much speculation about who will take over the head coaching reins of the Arizona Cardinals.
One name that has been linked frequently to the Cardinals is former Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid.
CBS NFL Insider Jason La Canfora tweeted he expects Reid to wind up in Arizona.
I'm getting the sense more and more than Kelly stays at Oregon, but we shall see. Also expect Andy Reid to end up with the Cards job— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 1, 2013
It has been reported that Reid will interview with Cardinals' brass about the head coaching vacancy.
The veteran coach was a mainstay on the sidelines in Philadelphia for 14 seasons and led the Eagles to five NFC Championship games and one Super Bowl appearance.
In recent years, Reid failed to meet the Eagles' hefty expectations and was unable to get high-priced free agents to perform. Philadelphia went a disappointing 12-20 over the past two seasons, sealing the acclaimed coach's fate.
Reid is expected to be a sought-after coach this offseason but he could be enticed to join the Cardinals, who already have a championship-caliber defense in place.
- Arizona Cardinals don't want to be NFC West's 'stepchild' any longer
- Arizona Cardinals will have Andre Ellington back on the field vs. Rams
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 6
- A different kind of measuring stick awaits Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals' coach expects 'questionable' Carson Palmer to play Sunday vs. St. Louis Rams
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 6The Professor provides insight into this week's NFL headlines
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?