Report: Three teams set to interview Ray Horton for head coaching vacancy
The interest makes plenty of sense, after all, Arizona's defense under Horton in 2012 was near the top of the league in passing defense and turnovers forced.
Seven NFL teams on "Black Monday" fired their respective head coaches, including the Arizona Cardinals, and Horton's name has been linked to several of them.
Monday night, CBS NFL Insider Jason La Canfora tweeted this about Horton's potential suitors:
Cards defensive coordinator Ray Horton will interview with the Bills, Browns and, well, the Cards. 3 teams so far— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) January 1, 2013
The Bills have a connection to Horton, in that Director of Pro Personnel Doug Whaley spent considerable time with him in Pittsburgh. While the Browns have no direct ties to Arizona's defensive coordinator, Horton proved he can help shut down AFC North offenses as an assistant defensive coordinator to Dick LeBeau with the Steelers.
He also has NFL experience in the division, as he spent six seasons as a cornerback with the Cincinnati Bengals (1983-1988).
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.