Updated Dec 31, 2012 - 4:55 pm
Arizona Cardinals will interview Andy Reid
At a Monday press conference, Cardinals president Michael Bidwill confirmed three candidates that will be interviewed for the head coaching position: Arizona defensive coordinator Ray Horton, Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy and former Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid, who was also fired Monday morning.
The news of McCoy's interview was broken earlier in the day by ESPN's Adam Schefter.
"We've reached out to Mike McCoy and I'll be speaking to him in the next several days," Bidwill said. "I've also reached out and gotten permission to speak with Andy Reid, so we'll be speaking to Coach Reid in the next few days as well."
Reid coached 14 years in Philadelphia, racking up a .583 winning percentage, guiding the Eagles to five NFC Championship games and one trip to the Super Bowl.
But after the Eagles spent big money in free agency prior to the 2011 season, expectations galore were heaped on the team and they failed to respond. Philly went 12-20 over the next two seasons which led to Reid's departure.
Bidwill failed to give any other names that are being considered by the Cardinals at this point.
"There will be further updates, I'm sure, as we get through the next couple days. We are dealing with the holiday and some of the other limitations such as playoffs and things along those lines," Bidwill said.
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.