Updated Dec 31, 2012 - 12:19 pm
2012 Arizona Cardinals by the numbers
The Cardinals started 4-0 for the first time since 1974 and then promptly dropped 11 of their last 12 contests to finish 5-11 for the second time in the last three seasons.
Here's a look back at the 2012 campaign by the numbers..
When the Cardinals put 20 or more points on the scoreboard, they were 5-0.
Cardinal quarterbacks John Skelton, Ryan Lindley and Brian Hoyer combined to throw the ball 425 times this season following Kevin Kolb's injury in Week 6 against the Buffalo Bills.
The number of touchdown passes Skelton, Lindley and Hoyer combined to throw over the last ten games of the year.
Brian Hoyer's 37-yard touchdown pass to Michael Floyd in the closing minutes of Sunday's loss to the 49ers broke a drought of 381:22 without a Cardinals touchdown pass.
Larry Fitzgerald led the Cardinals with 798 receiving yards, the second-lowest total of his career and exactly 39 yards more than Arizona's second-leading receiver Andre Roberts.
Fitzgerald's yardage total ranked 41st in the league, despite the fact that he ranked 7th in the league in targets (153).
The Cardinals used four different starting quarterbacks this season, becoming just the 20th team since the AFL merger in 1970 to do so.
The number of rushing yards by LaRod Stephens-Howling, who led the team in rushing.
The number of players in the NFL who had more rushing yards than Stephens-Howling.
The number of NFL quarterbacks who had more rushing yards than Stephens-Howling (Robert Griffin III, Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick).
The number of rushing yards the Cardinals had in 2012.
Ten NFL players had more individual rushing yards than the Cardinals.
The number of quarterback sacks allowed by the Cardinals this season.
The Cardinals had 19 pass plays of 25 yards or more, the second-lowest total in the league.
The number of pass plays to Larry Fitzgerald of 20 or more yards in 2012.
The number of pass plays to Larry Fitzgerald of 20 or more yards during Arizona's 2008 postseason run.
The number of players who started all 16 games on the offensive line for the Cardinals in 2012 -- left guard Daryn Colledge and rookie right tackle Bobby Massie.
The number of games the Cardinals lost by at least 14 points this season.
Ken Whisenhunt's career coaching record with the Cardinals. Whisenhunt was fired Monday morning following his sixth season on the job.
Whisenhunt's record in the three seasons following the retirement of quarterback Kurt Warner after the 2009 season.
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Michael Floyd knocking off the rust as he returns to field for Arizona Cardinals
- Cardinals Sunday Night Football game against Bengals sold out
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Thursday August 21Bruce Arians discusses the importance of Sunday's third preseason game.
- Darren Urban, AZcardinals.com beat writer - Thursday August 21Darren Urban discusses what the Cardinals will do without Darnell Dockett
- Ted Larsen, Cardinals offensive linemen - Thursday August 21Ted Larsen talks about making the move from center to left guard.
- Deone Bucannon- Cardinals safety - Thursday August 21Deone Bucannon talks about finding his role on the Cardinals' defense.