Updated Dec 30, 2012 - 10:33 am
Insider: Andy Reid wants to coach in 2013, possible candidate with the Cardinals
But as ESPN Insider Adam Schefter reported Sunday, even if Reid is handed a pink slip by the Eagles in the coming days, don't expect him to be on the market long.
[Reid] has been calling around the league, trying to put together a coaching staff, so that if and when he is let go in Philadelphia, he will be ready to resume coaching for another franchise next season.
While most assumed Reid might be a logical replacement for Norv Turner in San Diego, Schefter reports the Chargers will not look be looking in the California native's direction.
One direction the veteran head coach might look in is the Valley and a potential head coaching vacancy with the Arizona Cardinals.
Sports Illustrated's Don Banks suggested the idea earlier in the week, and Schefter reported Sunday that the two parties might be a match.
Although he is not expected to be a candidate with the Chargers, he could wind up as a candidate in Jacksonville if the Jaguars fire Mike Mularkey or in Arizona if the Cardinals part ways with coach Ken Whisenhunt.
Under Reid's guidance, the Eagles have made nine postseason appearances, including a trip to Super Bowl 39 and four NFC Championship games.
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.