Updated Dec 30, 2012 - 10:33 am
Insider: Andy Reid wants to coach in 2013, possible candidate with the Cardinals
But as ESPN Insider Adam Schefter reported Sunday, even if Reid is handed a pink slip by the Eagles in the coming days, don't expect him to be on the market long.
[Reid] has been calling around the league, trying to put together a coaching staff, so that if and when he is let go in Philadelphia, he will be ready to resume coaching for another franchise next season.
While most assumed Reid might be a logical replacement for Norv Turner in San Diego, Schefter reports the Chargers will not look be looking in the California native's direction.
One direction the veteran head coach might look in is the Valley and a potential head coaching vacancy with the Arizona Cardinals.
Sports Illustrated's Don Banks suggested the idea earlier in the week, and Schefter reported Sunday that the two parties might be a match.
Although he is not expected to be a candidate with the Chargers, he could wind up as a candidate in Jacksonville if the Jaguars fire Mike Mularkey or in Arizona if the Cardinals part ways with coach Ken Whisenhunt.
Under Reid's guidance, the Eagles have made nine postseason appearances, including a trip to Super Bowl 39 and four NFC Championship games.
- Michael Floyd joins Burns & Gambo - Tuesday December 17Cardinal Wide Receiver Michael Floyd joins Burns & Gambo.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday December 17A love/hate relationship with NFL kickers
- Impromtu Power Poll - Tuesday December 17NFL coaches in the hot seat.
- Bruce Arians, Cardinals head coach - Monday December 16Arians discusses the team's dramatic, overtime victory in Tennessee.
- Paul's Call - Monday December 16Itís Paulís Call with Paul Calvisi!