Insider: Andy Reid wants to coach in 2013, possible candidate with the Cardinals
But as ESPN Insider Adam Schefter reported Sunday, even if Reid is handed a pink slip by the Eagles in the coming days, don't expect him to be on the market long.
[Reid] has been calling around the league, trying to put together a coaching staff, so that if and when he is let go in Philadelphia, he will be ready to resume coaching for another franchise next season.
While most assumed Reid might be a logical replacement for Norv Turner in San Diego, Schefter reports the Chargers will not look be looking in the California native's direction.
One direction the veteran head coach might look in is the Valley and a potential head coaching vacancy with the Arizona Cardinals.
Sports Illustrated's Don Banks suggested the idea earlier in the week, and Schefter reported Sunday that the two parties might be a match.
Although he is not expected to be a candidate with the Chargers, he could wind up as a candidate in Jacksonville if the Jaguars fire Mike Mularkey or in Arizona if the Cardinals part ways with coach Ken Whisenhunt.
Under Reid's guidance, the Eagles have made nine postseason appearances, including a trip to Super Bowl 39 and four NFC Championship games.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.