Report: Ken Whisenhunt to remain in Arizona
While many a report state the franchise is likely to part with its coach of the last six seasons, Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole believes Whisenhunt will survive his second losing season in three years.
Word around the league is that Detroit's Jim Schwartz, the Arizona Cardinals' Ken Whisenhunt and Chicago's Lovie Smith are all expected to survive for another season. That expectation is based largely on the conservative approach that all three teams have historically taken with firing coaches, particularly when those coaches have money still owed to them.
It's interesting that Cole is not saying the Cardinals will keep Whisenhunt around because they think he is the best option, but instead because the franchise would be reluctant to part with a coach when there is still time left on his contract.
However, we have been led to believe these are not the "same old Cardinals" that we knew back in the day, and if that is the case then it may not prevent the Cardinals from making a move after all.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.