Updated Dec 28, 2012 - 3:23 pm
Report: Ken Whisenhunt to remain in Arizona
While many a report state the franchise is likely to part with its coach of the last six seasons, Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole believes Whisenhunt will survive his second losing season in three years.
Word around the league is that Detroit's Jim Schwartz, the Arizona Cardinals' Ken Whisenhunt and Chicago's Lovie Smith are all expected to survive for another season. That expectation is based largely on the conservative approach that all three teams have historically taken with firing coaches, particularly when those coaches have money still owed to them.
It's interesting that Cole is not saying the Cardinals will keep Whisenhunt around because they think he is the best option, but instead because the franchise would be reluctant to part with a coach when there is still time left on his contract.
However, we have been led to believe these are not the "same old Cardinals" that we knew back in the day, and if that is the case then it may not prevent the Cardinals from making a move after all.
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.