Updated Dec 28, 2012 - 3:23 pm
Report: Ken Whisenhunt to remain in Arizona
While many a report state the franchise is likely to part with its coach of the last six seasons, Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole believes Whisenhunt will survive his second losing season in three years.
Word around the league is that Detroit's Jim Schwartz, the Arizona Cardinals' Ken Whisenhunt and Chicago's Lovie Smith are all expected to survive for another season. That expectation is based largely on the conservative approach that all three teams have historically taken with firing coaches, particularly when those coaches have money still owed to them.
It's interesting that Cole is not saying the Cardinals will keep Whisenhunt around because they think he is the best option, but instead because the franchise would be reluctant to part with a coach when there is still time left on his contract.
However, we have been led to believe these are not the "same old Cardinals" that we knew back in the day, and if that is the case then it may not prevent the Cardinals from making a move after all.
- Arizona Cardinals sign a pair of defensive linemen
- All-Access with Arians: Dockett to have surgery, Mathieu and Ta'amu back
- Arizona Cardinals begin to move on without Darnell Dockett
- Forbes: Arizona Cardinals are NFL's 25th-most valuable team
- Larry Fitzgerald taking things on a year-to-year basis, not worried about future with Arizona Cardinals
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.
- Larry Fitzgerald, AZ Cardinals WR - Wednesday August 20Doug & Wolf ask Fitz about the Cardinals offense and about his future in Arizona.