Did Patrick Peterson steal Richard Sherman's Pro Bowl spot?
A second-year pro, Peterson has picked off seven passes while collecting 53 tackles. He's been regularly matched up with the opponent's best receiver, and for the most part done an excellent job keeping them in check.
Peterson's effort this season was rewarded with a spot in the Pro Bowl, his second trip in as many seasons (first as a cornerback).
NFL.com's Greg Rosenthal believes the former first-round pick has been fine, but should not be heading to Hawaii. Instead, he believes Seattle's Richard Sherman should have gotten the nod.
It's an absolute joke that Patrick Peterson made the NFC team over Sherman. Peterson is a very talented cornerback and improved this season for the Arizona Cardinals, but his play was too up and down. We'd also put Antoine Winfield on the team over Tim Jennings or Peterson, although Jennings was plenty worthy.
A second-year pro himself, Sherman has tallied 61 tackles to go with seven interceptions this season. One of the best corners in the game, he recently won an appeal for what would have been a suspension due to use of performance-enhancing drugs. A case can certainly be made for Sherman's inclusion on the NFC roster, and that he wasn't is a bit of a shame.
ProFootballFocus.com ranks the former Stanford Cardinal second among cornerbacks, whereas the Arizona Cardinal Peterson comes in at 14th.
The players have comparable stats, though Sherman's team has been far more successful than Peterson's. Did the PED allegations play a role in the Seahawk being snubbed? Perhaps.
But either way it is Peterson who will be representing the NFC in Honolulu.
- ESPN's Clayton: Cardinals were a free agency winner
- Football player Daryl Washington pleads not guilty
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Daryl Washington pleads 'not guilty'
- CBSSports.com writer: Cardinals' Cooper to have 'big impact' during rookie season
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals QB Carson Palmer a 'stopgap'
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.