Updated Dec 27, 2012 - 11:03 am
Good riddance, Beanie Wells
You see, after your comments regarding your future -- or lack of future -- in Arizona, I think it is best to cut ties with you now and I can only hope that Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt agrees and sits your ass as an inactive for Sunday's game against the 49ers. You see if all you really want to do is showcase yourself, then you are a selfish player who has no business putting on that Cardinals uniform this weekend.
I would've much rather you taken the blame for your ridiculous fumble that gave Chicago seven points on Sunday, took the blame for another lousy year and that awful 2.7 yards per carry average.
Maybe you should have said how you are looking forward to ending the season on a good note with a win against your division rival. Maybe you should have just taken the high road. But what we get out of your comments is that you really don't care about winning the football game or helping the offense get out of this season-long slump. Nothing about taking some of the load off of Brian Hoyer making his first start as a Cardinal. Nothing about having some pride. No, your comments display just how selfish you really are.
I wish the Cardinals could have been more selfish and asked for some of the money back that you stole from them since you were their first-round pick in 2009. So what did the Cardinals get out of the four years of Beanie Wells -- a lousy 2,471 yards rushing, 24 touchdowns, 10 fumbles and one season in which you were able to play 16 games.
You were so good, Beanie, that the Cardinals had to use a second round pick just two years after drafting you on another running back because you weren't panning out. If you were any good they could have used that pick on other needs -- and trust me, they have plenty of them.
So go take your ball and go home, but be careful not to drop it like you did Sunday.
Oh, and one more thing...don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
- Arizona Cardinals president Michael Bidwill on schedule: NFL 'gave us a lot of respect'
- Arizona Cardinals' 2014 schedule released
- Arizona Cardinals to host Big Red Rib & Music Festival
- Arizona Cardinals' Daryl Washington now has a two-strike count on him
- NFL Draft '14: A closer look at Alabama QB A.J. McCarron
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Thursday April 24What goes into the Cardinalsí draft preparation?
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.