Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson announced as NFC Pro Bowler
A nice achievement for a rookie, he said he hoped to one day make it back because of his skills covering wide receivers.
Peterson's done exactly that.
It was announced Wednesday that the second-year pro was selected to represent the NFC in the 2013 Pro Bowl.
With one game left to play, Peterson has tallied seven interceptions to go along with 53 tackles. He's been consistently matched up with some of the NFL's best receivers, and at one point had picked off a pass in four consecutive games.
An excited Peterson tweeted his reaction to the news on Wednesday night.
Peterson is the only Arizona player to be selected to the Pro Bowl, while both linebacker Daryl Washington and receiver Larry Fitzgerald have been selected as alternates.
The entirety of the Pro Bowl rosters can be seen here.
- Bruce Arians and Charles Barkley in agreement on gay athlete issue
- Tyrann Mathieu making 'believers'
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals 26th in future power rankings
- Cardinals coach: As of now, Rashard Mendenhall is the starting running back
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians on Daryl Washington: 'He's walking a very thin line'
- Impromptu Power Poll: Tim Tebow - Monday June 10Doug & Wolf's top 5 reasons why the Patriots signed Tim Tebow.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br