Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson announced as NFC Pro Bowler
A nice achievement for a rookie, he said he hoped to one day make it back because of his skills covering wide receivers.
Peterson's done exactly that.
It was announced Wednesday that the second-year pro was selected to represent the NFC in the 2013 Pro Bowl.
With one game left to play, Peterson has tallied seven interceptions to go along with 53 tackles. He's been consistently matched up with some of the NFL's best receivers, and at one point had picked off a pass in four consecutive games.
An excited Peterson tweeted his reaction to the news on Wednesday night.
Peterson is the only Arizona player to be selected to the Pro Bowl, while both linebacker Daryl Washington and receiver Larry Fitzgerald have been selected as alternates.
The entirety of the Pro Bowl rosters can be seen here.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.