Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson announced as NFC Pro Bowler
A nice achievement for a rookie, he said he hoped to one day make it back because of his skills covering wide receivers.
Peterson's done exactly that.
It was announced Wednesday that the second-year pro was selected to represent the NFC in the 2013 Pro Bowl.
With one game left to play, Peterson has tallied seven interceptions to go along with 53 tackles. He's been consistently matched up with some of the NFL's best receivers, and at one point had picked off a pass in four consecutive games.
An excited Peterson tweeted his reaction to the news on Wednesday night.
Peterson is the only Arizona player to be selected to the Pro Bowl, while both linebacker Daryl Washington and receiver Larry Fitzgerald have been selected as alternates.
The entirety of the Pro Bowl rosters can be seen here.
- Arizona Cardinals RB Stepfan Taylor 'expecting more of a role' in 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Carson Chats - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Arizona Cardinals center Lyle Sendlein to miss 3 weeks after suffering calf injury
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b