Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson leaves Ray Horton speechless
Horton was a guest on Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show Thursday and when asked what his young corner needs to improve on, the Cardinals' DC was rendered speechless.
After a period of silence, Horton discussed why he believes Peterson is such a special and rare breed of talent.
"How do you describe somebody that's smart, that's fast, that's strong, that's big, that has fantastic hands, feet, he has tackling ability, he studies, says the right things, was brought up the right way by his parents?" Horton said. "He is the complete package."
The 22-year-old's play speaks for itself this season. Peterson has emerged as one of the top cornerbacks in the league. The Cardinals' 2011 first round pick has 47 tackles and is tied for second in the NFL with seven interceptions.
The Pro Bowler has also started all 14 games for the Cardinals and has routinely gone up against the top wideouts in the game.
"[The Bears] have a wide receiver that is leading the league in receptions, second in yardage, has 66 more catches than anybody on their team, has seven more touchdowns than anyone on their team," Horton explained. "I see a challenge for [Peterson] and a challenge for the defense to kind of replicate what they did last week."
Peterson's performance of late has garnered rave reviews from the Cardinals' coaching staff. But Horton can't help but marvel at his corner's tremendous athleticism, star power and seemingly endless potential.
"He could really be the Bo Jackson, the two-way player. He is a phenomenal athlete that isn't missing anything," Horton said. "He has the smarts, the will, the desire, the heart, the drive, any adjective you want to throw in there he has."
- Cardinals' Dockett: Peterson will 'definitely be a future Hall of Famer'
- Former Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner thankful for patience of fans, organization
- Notes from the Nest: July 30, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals to host Fan Fest this weekend
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Extra points experiment will be fun, may add excitement
- Paul Fanaika, Arizona Cardinals offensive guard - Wednesday July 30The Arizona Cardinals’ offensive guard Paul Fanaika joins the show to discuss training camp.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Wednesday July 30NFL Network analyst Kurt Warner discusses Arizona Cardinals' training camp.
- Patrick Peterson, Arizona Cardinals cornerback - Wednesday July 30Arizona Cardinals' defensive cornerback Patrick Peterson discusses his new contract extension.
- Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Wednesday July 30Johnny Manziel struggles in practice.
- Pete Prisco- CBS NFL Analyst - Wednesday July 30Pete Prisco talks about the top cornerbacks in the NFL.