Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson leaves Ray Horton speechless
Horton was a guest on Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show Thursday and when asked what his young corner needs to improve on, the Cardinals' DC was rendered speechless.
After a period of silence, Horton discussed why he believes Peterson is such a special and rare breed of talent.
"How do you describe somebody that's smart, that's fast, that's strong, that's big, that has fantastic hands, feet, he has tackling ability, he studies, says the right things, was brought up the right way by his parents?" Horton said. "He is the complete package."
The 22-year-old's play speaks for itself this season. Peterson has emerged as one of the top cornerbacks in the league. The Cardinals' 2011 first round pick has 47 tackles and is tied for second in the NFL with seven interceptions.
The Pro Bowler has also started all 14 games for the Cardinals and has routinely gone up against the top wideouts in the game.
"[The Bears] have a wide receiver that is leading the league in receptions, second in yardage, has 66 more catches than anybody on their team, has seven more touchdowns than anyone on their team," Horton explained. "I see a challenge for [Peterson] and a challenge for the defense to kind of replicate what they did last week."
Peterson's performance of late has garnered rave reviews from the Cardinals' coaching staff. But Horton can't help but marvel at his corner's tremendous athleticism, star power and seemingly endless potential.
"He could really be the Bo Jackson, the two-way player. He is a phenomenal athlete that isn't missing anything," Horton said. "He has the smarts, the will, the desire, the heart, the drive, any adjective you want to throw in there he has."
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!