Updated Dec 20, 2012 - 1:43 pm
ESPN analyst: Cardinals should give Brian Hoyer a look
The rookie out of San Diego State completed 14-of-21 passes for 104 yards and one interception. His numbers weren't great (they really weren't even good), but he did not make the game-changing mistake and ultimately earned his first NFL win. He is expected to get the start when the Cardinals host the Chicago Bears Sunday, though Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo he thinks the Cardinals should give some playing time to recently-signed quarterback Brian Hoyer.
"I think eventually you need to see some Hoyer," he said. "You'd like to see him in a Cardinals uniform on the field in a real-live game.
Hoyer, 27, has played in parts of three NFL seasons with the New England Patriots. He has completed 27-of-43 passes for 286 yards with one touchdown and one interception.
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.