Updated Dec 20, 2012 - 1:43 pm
ESPN analyst: Cardinals should give Brian Hoyer a look
The rookie out of San Diego State completed 14-of-21 passes for 104 yards and one interception. His numbers weren't great (they really weren't even good), but he did not make the game-changing mistake and ultimately earned his first NFL win. He is expected to get the start when the Cardinals host the Chicago Bears Sunday, though Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo he thinks the Cardinals should give some playing time to recently-signed quarterback Brian Hoyer.
"I think eventually you need to see some Hoyer," he said. "You'd like to see him in a Cardinals uniform on the field in a real-live game.
Hoyer, 27, has played in parts of three NFL seasons with the New England Patriots. He has completed 27-of-43 passes for 286 yards with one touchdown and one interception.
- Carson Palmer needs a left tackle for Christmas, ESPN's Jaworski says
- Cardinals offensive tackle Eric Winston: Playing meaningful games 'is what it's all about'
- Jaws: Dansby playing with a chip on his shoulder
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 12
- Stability at quarterback a huge catalyst for Arizona Cardinals' 2013 success
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 13Go inside the Film Room with Wolf to analyze the Cardinals-Titans matchup.
- Wolf's 5 Star NFL Game - Friday December 13What is the must-see NFL game of the weekend?
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday December 13Does Shanahan want out of DC? Will Rodgers play again this season? Can the Patriots survive without
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 12The Cardinals are in the playoff race.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.