Updated Dec 20, 2012 - 1:43 pm
ESPN analyst: Cardinals should give Brian Hoyer a look
The rookie out of San Diego State completed 14-of-21 passes for 104 yards and one interception. His numbers weren't great (they really weren't even good), but he did not make the game-changing mistake and ultimately earned his first NFL win. He is expected to get the start when the Cardinals host the Chicago Bears Sunday, though Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo he thinks the Cardinals should give some playing time to recently-signed quarterback Brian Hoyer.
"I think eventually you need to see some Hoyer," he said. "You'd like to see him in a Cardinals uniform on the field in a real-live game.
Hoyer, 27, has played in parts of three NFL seasons with the New England Patriots. He has completed 27-of-43 passes for 286 yards with one touchdown and one interception.
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.
- House of Cards Camp Awards - Friday August 22Doug & Wolf announce the winners of the 2014 House of Cards Camp Awards.
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.