Updated Dec 20, 2012 - 1:43 pm
ESPN analyst: Cardinals should give Brian Hoyer a look
The rookie out of San Diego State completed 14-of-21 passes for 104 yards and one interception. His numbers weren't great (they really weren't even good), but he did not make the game-changing mistake and ultimately earned his first NFL win. He is expected to get the start when the Cardinals host the Chicago Bears Sunday, though Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo he thinks the Cardinals should give some playing time to recently-signed quarterback Brian Hoyer.
"I think eventually you need to see some Hoyer," he said. "You'd like to see him in a Cardinals uniform on the field in a real-live game.
Hoyer, 27, has played in parts of three NFL seasons with the New England Patriots. He has completed 27-of-43 passes for 286 yards with one touchdown and one interception.
- Cardinals vs. Chargers preview: Final chance to make an impression
- Arizona Cardinals sign DT Tommy Kelly
- Report: Arizona Cardinals bring James Harrison in for a visit
- Arizona Cardinals RB Zach Bauman excited for 'opportunity to show what I can do' Thursday vs. Chargers
- Confident Chandler Catanzaro looks to prove himself as Arizona Cardinals kicker
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL Insider - Tuesday August 26Mike Sando takes us inside the NFL headlines.
- Who impressed/Who depressed - Monday August 25Vince praises Arizona's newest football dynasty.
- Bruce Arians- Cardinals head coach - Monday August 25Bruce Arians says Jay Feely was let go early on so he can catch on with another team.