Updated Dec 20, 2012 - 9:58 am
Cardinals defense is rough on opposing QBs
His defense is hell on opposing quarterbacks.
ESPN.com's Mike Sando and ESPN Stats & Information crunched the numbers and the results are startling.
Of the 12 starting quarterbacks the Cardinals have faced this season, nine of the them have performed substantially lower than their season standard based on ESPN's Total QBR statistic. Only Green Bay's Aaron Rodgers, San Francisco's Alex Smith and Miami's Ryan Tannehill have performed better against Arizona than their respective season marks.
The 12 primary quarterbacks Arizona has faced to this point in the season have combined to complete 54.5 percent of their passes with 16 touchdowns, 21 interceptions and a 33.3 Total QBR score against the Cardinals.
Those same quarterbacks have completed 62.8 percent of their passes with 212 touchdowns, 112 picks and a 61.2 QBR score against everyone else.
It'll be interesting to keep an eye on what Chicago quarterback Jay Cutler can do against a recharged Cardinals defense Sunday.
In case you're wondering, Cutler's Total QBR for the year is 49.5 with 17 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals new left tackle - Wednesday March 12Jared Veldheer discusses his recent signing with the Cardinals.
- Dave Pasch, voice of the Arizona Cardinals - Wednesday March 12Dave Pasch explains what it is like to work with Bill Walton.
- Tom Flores, Oakland Raiders radio color commentator - Tuesday March 11Tom Flores discusses Cardinals signing of left tackle Jared Veldheer.
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday March 11Is Jim Harbaugh still welcome in San Francisco?
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Monday March 10Kent Somers talks all things Cardinals free agency.