Updated Dec 19, 2012 - 4:02 pm
Cardinals hope home schedule ends on a high note
Despite enduring a nine-game losing streak this season and finishing well out of the playoff hunt, the players and coaches have always prided themselves on hard work and effort. According to head coach Ken Whisenhunt, that will be no different this weekend.
"Well, I mean I think where we are in this season, it's very important," he said. "You know I think we did a good job last week of getting back to playing the type of football we needed to against a good team and we gotta do that this week."
The win over the Detroit Lions last Sunday snapped Arizona's losing skid and gave the Cardinals just their fourth win at home this season.
"This will be a challenge with Chicago but you know it's important," Whisenhunt said. "I think playing at home, you gotta be good at home.
"For the most part we've been able to do that, although we've had our struggles this year, that's important to us."
Both the coaches and the players also emphasized that finishing on a good note at home is important for their fans. Through thick and thin, this fan base has come out and supported the Cardinals.
"The fans here are so great; they always support us," said veteran safety Kerry Rhodes. "Even last week was a sellout which is remarkable after the stretch we've been through. For us it's about getting better, improving on what we did last week and giving the fans something to cheer about."
Since moving into University of Phoenix Stadium before the 2006 season, the Cardinals hold a 36-22 home record, including postseason. If this week's game against the Bears is a sellout, it will be the team's 73rd straight in the building, including preseason games, too.
- Steve Tasker, NFL Analyst - Wednesday December 11Tasker discusses Carson Palmer, Tyrann Mathieu and what's going on with the Redskins.
- John Abraham, AZ Cardinals - Monday December 9Abraham discusses his outstanding game, his record career and how long he plans to play.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 9The Cardinals get a huge division win, but lose a huge piece to their defense.
- Wolf's NFL 5 Star Games - Week 14 - Friday December 6The must-see NFL games of the weekend.
- Wolf's Film Room - Friday December 6Ron Wolfley grinds film all week and shares his findings in the Cardinals-Rams match-up