Updated Dec 19, 2012 - 4:02 pm
Cardinals hope home schedule ends on a high note
Despite enduring a nine-game losing streak this season and finishing well out of the playoff hunt, the players and coaches have always prided themselves on hard work and effort. According to head coach Ken Whisenhunt, that will be no different this weekend.
"Well, I mean I think where we are in this season, it's very important," he said. "You know I think we did a good job last week of getting back to playing the type of football we needed to against a good team and we gotta do that this week."
The win over the Detroit Lions last Sunday snapped Arizona's losing skid and gave the Cardinals just their fourth win at home this season.
"This will be a challenge with Chicago but you know it's important," Whisenhunt said. "I think playing at home, you gotta be good at home.
"For the most part we've been able to do that, although we've had our struggles this year, that's important to us."
Both the coaches and the players also emphasized that finishing on a good note at home is important for their fans. Through thick and thin, this fan base has come out and supported the Cardinals.
"The fans here are so great; they always support us," said veteran safety Kerry Rhodes. "Even last week was a sellout which is remarkable after the stretch we've been through. For us it's about getting better, improving on what we did last week and giving the fans something to cheer about."
Since moving into University of Phoenix Stadium before the 2006 season, the Cardinals hold a 36-22 home record, including postseason. If this week's game against the Bears is a sellout, it will be the team's 73rd straight in the building, including preseason games, too.
- Arizona Cardinals' Deone Bucannon supplies the highlight of Tuesday's practice
- Arizona Cardinals RB Stepfan Taylor 'expecting more of a role' in 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: Carson Chats - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals training camp: All-Access with Bruce Arians - July 29, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals rookie John Brown continues to impress while ignoring the hype
- Justin Bethel, Cardinals cornerback - Tuesday July 29Justin Bethel discusses his role on special teams and how training camp has gone so far.
- Pete Prisco, Senior NFL Columnist - Tuesday July 29Senior NFL columnist for CBS Pete Prisco shares his thoughts on how the Cardinals stack against othe
- Stepfan Taylor, Cardinals running back - Tuesday July 29Cardinals running back Stepfan Taylor talks training camp and his expanded role on offense.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Monday July 28Lorenzo Alexander gives his take on replacing Daryl Washington and praises former teammate London Fl
- Darren Urban, Arizona Cardinals reporter - Monday July 28Cardinals reporter Darren Urban discusses team improvements and which player he thinks will have a b