Arizona Cardinals make trio of practice squad moves
The team confirmed an earlier report that it has signed free agent running back Foswhitt Whittaker and defensive tackle Ricky Lumpkin to the practice squad.
In a corresponding move, the team released tight end Steve Skelton from the practice squad.
Lumpkin played last Sunday against the Detroit Lions and recorded one tackle. He had previously spent the last two seasons on Arizona's practice squad after originally joining the Cardinals as an undrafted free agent from Kentucky in 2011.
Whitakker is a rookie out of Texas who was not drafted after suffering a knee injury his senior season. He played in 38 career games for the Longhorns and tallied 1,233 yards and 12 touchdowns. He was named first-team All-Big 12 in 2011 as a kick returner.
Skelton joined the Cardinals as an undrafted free agent following the 2011 NFL Draft. He is the brother of Cardinals quarterback John Skelton.
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.