Updated Dec 18, 2012 - 5:23 pm
Arizona Cardinals make trio of practice squad moves
The team confirmed an earlier report that it has signed free agent running back Foswhitt Whittaker and defensive tackle Ricky Lumpkin to the practice squad.
In a corresponding move, the team released tight end Steve Skelton from the practice squad.
Lumpkin played last Sunday against the Detroit Lions and recorded one tackle. He had previously spent the last two seasons on Arizona's practice squad after originally joining the Cardinals as an undrafted free agent from Kentucky in 2011.
Whitakker is a rookie out of Texas who was not drafted after suffering a knee injury his senior season. He played in 38 career games for the Longhorns and tallied 1,233 yards and 12 touchdowns. He was named first-team All-Big 12 in 2011 as a kick returner.
Skelton joined the Cardinals as an undrafted free agent following the 2011 NFL Draft. He is the brother of Cardinals quarterback John Skelton.
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.