Updated Dec 18, 2012 - 5:23 pm
Arizona Cardinals make trio of practice squad moves
The team confirmed an earlier report that it has signed free agent running back Foswhitt Whittaker and defensive tackle Ricky Lumpkin to the practice squad.
In a corresponding move, the team released tight end Steve Skelton from the practice squad.
Lumpkin played last Sunday against the Detroit Lions and recorded one tackle. He had previously spent the last two seasons on Arizona's practice squad after originally joining the Cardinals as an undrafted free agent from Kentucky in 2011.
Whitakker is a rookie out of Texas who was not drafted after suffering a knee injury his senior season. He played in 38 career games for the Longhorns and tallied 1,233 yards and 12 touchdowns. He was named first-team All-Big 12 in 2011 as a kick returner.
Skelton joined the Cardinals as an undrafted free agent following the 2011 NFL Draft. He is the brother of Cardinals quarterback John Skelton.
- Arizona Cardinals release DT Anthony McCloud
- Forbes: Larry Fitzgerald among most overpaid players in NFL
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 20, 2014
- Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander defends Daniel Snyder but thinks Redskins should change name
- New Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga thrown right into the mix
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals DE - Thursday August 21Calais talks about the state of the Cardinals defense.
- Lyle Sendlein, Cardinals center - Wednesday August 20Lyle Sendlein talks about coming back from his injury and the loss of Darnell Dockett.
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Lorenzo Alexander- Cardinals linebacker - Wednesday August 20Lorenzo Alexander discusses having to step up to fill the voids left by injuries and free agents lea
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 20The NFL has a new problem on their hands, and it has to do with the Redskins.