Updated Dec 18, 2012 - 5:23 pm
Arizona Cardinals make trio of practice squad moves
The team confirmed an earlier report that it has signed free agent running back Foswhitt Whittaker and defensive tackle Ricky Lumpkin to the practice squad.
In a corresponding move, the team released tight end Steve Skelton from the practice squad.
Lumpkin played last Sunday against the Detroit Lions and recorded one tackle. He had previously spent the last two seasons on Arizona's practice squad after originally joining the Cardinals as an undrafted free agent from Kentucky in 2011.
Whitakker is a rookie out of Texas who was not drafted after suffering a knee injury his senior season. He played in 38 career games for the Longhorns and tallied 1,233 yards and 12 touchdowns. He was named first-team All-Big 12 in 2011 as a kick returner.
Skelton joined the Cardinals as an undrafted free agent following the 2011 NFL Draft. He is the brother of Cardinals quarterback John Skelton.
- Arizona Cardinals' OC: Rashard Mendenhall 'back to what I remember' from Pittsburgh
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 5
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely feels a responsibility to help others
- Arizona Cardinals' O-line faces familiar challenge in St. Louis Rams' Robert Quinn
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Ron Jaworski, ESPN NFL Analyst - Thursday December 5A recap of the Cardinals game in Philly and what to expect against the Rams.
- Craig Wolfley, Steelers Sideline Analyst - Thursday December 5Will Ben Roethlisberger leave the Steelers?
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.