Updated Dec 18, 2012 - 10:33 am
NFL insider: Todd Haley could replace Ken Whisenhunt
As it turns out, that search could lead to someone who was right beside Whisenhunt during the entire playoff run.
"Todd Haley, Pittsburgh's offensive coordinator, I continue to hear from multiple sources that the Arizona Cardinals are high on him to replace Ken Whisenhunt," CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora said on the network's NFL pregame show Sunday. "You have to remember, the Bidwill family there, they wanted to add him to Whisenhunt's staff a year ago.
"He's very popular there."
Haley spent two years in Arizona as the offensive coordinator, and is credited for helping to turn Kurt Warner's career around and make the team's offense one of the best in the league.
He left Arizona to coach the Kansas City Chiefs following Super Bowl XLIII, where he lasted less than three seasons. Haley led the team to the postseason in 2010, but had a 19-26 record before being fired 13 games into the 2011 season.
And, as LaCanfora said, there were rumors that the Cardinals were interested in bringing Haley back as offensive coordinator before this season, but Whisenhunt ultimately chose to stick with Mike Miller at the position.
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington 'physically ready for that pounding' he expects this season
- Reunited with Bruce Arians, Arizona Cardinals tackle Max Starks looking forward to new challenges
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.