Updated Dec 18, 2012 - 10:33 am
NFL insider: Todd Haley could replace Ken Whisenhunt
As it turns out, that search could lead to someone who was right beside Whisenhunt during the entire playoff run.
"Todd Haley, Pittsburgh's offensive coordinator, I continue to hear from multiple sources that the Arizona Cardinals are high on him to replace Ken Whisenhunt," CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora said on the network's NFL pregame show Sunday. "You have to remember, the Bidwill family there, they wanted to add him to Whisenhunt's staff a year ago.
"He's very popular there."
Haley spent two years in Arizona as the offensive coordinator, and is credited for helping to turn Kurt Warner's career around and make the team's offense one of the best in the league.
He left Arizona to coach the Kansas City Chiefs following Super Bowl XLIII, where he lasted less than three seasons. Haley led the team to the postseason in 2010, but had a 19-26 record before being fired 13 games into the 2011 season.
And, as LaCanfora said, there were rumors that the Cardinals were interested in bringing Haley back as offensive coordinator before this season, but Whisenhunt ultimately chose to stick with Mike Miller at the position.
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 1, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals LB John Abraham releases statement on June DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals' Jay Feely on proposal to push PATs back: 'There's going to be a lot more injuries'
- Cardinals rookie receiver John Brown doing more than relying on physical talents in training camp
- All-Access with Bruce Arians: Brown sits out, Starks adds depth, Abraham will be in camp 'soon'
- Kareem Martin, Arizona Cardinals defensive end - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ defensive end Kareem Martin speaks on his first NFL training camp experience.
- Tony Jefferson, Arizona Cardinals safety - Friday August 1Arizona Cardinals’ safety Tony Jefferson discusses training camp improvements.
- Bob McManaman, azcentral sports writer - Friday August 1azcentral sports writer Bob McManaman joins the show at Cardinals training camp.
- John Brown, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 1Cardinals rookie wide receiver John Brown says he is different from other rookies.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 1Are the fortunes of the Arizona Cardinals changing?