Updated Dec 18, 2012 - 10:33 am
NFL insider: Todd Haley could replace Ken Whisenhunt
As it turns out, that search could lead to someone who was right beside Whisenhunt during the entire playoff run.
"Todd Haley, Pittsburgh's offensive coordinator, I continue to hear from multiple sources that the Arizona Cardinals are high on him to replace Ken Whisenhunt," CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora said on the network's NFL pregame show Sunday. "You have to remember, the Bidwill family there, they wanted to add him to Whisenhunt's staff a year ago.
"He's very popular there."
Haley spent two years in Arizona as the offensive coordinator, and is credited for helping to turn Kurt Warner's career around and make the team's offense one of the best in the league.
He left Arizona to coach the Kansas City Chiefs following Super Bowl XLIII, where he lasted less than three seasons. Haley led the team to the postseason in 2010, but had a 19-26 record before being fired 13 games into the 2011 season.
And, as LaCanfora said, there were rumors that the Cardinals were interested in bringing Haley back as offensive coordinator before this season, but Whisenhunt ultimately chose to stick with Mike Miller at the position.
- All-Access with Arians: Jobs still up for grabs, cuts will be difficult
- What I Saw -- Thursday, Aug. 21
- The Pulse: Two-thirds of voters say Arizona Cardinals should go with a new kicker
- Arizona Cardinals safety Deone Bucannon: clean hits 'something I have to learn'
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 21, 2014
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.
- House of Cards Camp Awards - Friday August 22Doug & Wolf announce the winners of the 2014 House of Cards Camp Awards.
- Max Starks, Cardinals offenisve lineman - Friday August 22Cardinals offensive lineman Max Starks is excited to be reunited with Bruce Arians.
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals president - Friday August 22Michael Bidwill discusses preparing for the Super Bowl without the help of the City of Glendale.
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Cardinals beat writer - Thursday August 21Kent Somers talks about how many touches Andre Ellington should get per game.