Updated Dec 18, 2012 - 10:33 am
NFL insider: Todd Haley could replace Ken Whisenhunt
As it turns out, that search could lead to someone who was right beside Whisenhunt during the entire playoff run.
"Todd Haley, Pittsburgh's offensive coordinator, I continue to hear from multiple sources that the Arizona Cardinals are high on him to replace Ken Whisenhunt," CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora said on the network's NFL pregame show Sunday. "You have to remember, the Bidwill family there, they wanted to add him to Whisenhunt's staff a year ago.
"He's very popular there."
Haley spent two years in Arizona as the offensive coordinator, and is credited for helping to turn Kurt Warner's career around and make the team's offense one of the best in the league.
He left Arizona to coach the Kansas City Chiefs following Super Bowl XLIII, where he lasted less than three seasons. Haley led the team to the postseason in 2010, but had a 19-26 record before being fired 13 games into the 2011 season.
And, as LaCanfora said, there were rumors that the Cardinals were interested in bringing Haley back as offensive coordinator before this season, but Whisenhunt ultimately chose to stick with Mike Miller at the position.
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Arizona Cardinals place Tyrann Mathieu and Alameda Ta'amu on PUP list
- Cardinals receive 'B' offseason grade from USA Today
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?
- Mike Sando, ESPN NFL insider - Tuesday July 22ESPN NFL insider Mike Sando gives updates from around the NFC West as teams head into training camp.
- Lorenzo Alexander, AZ Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 18Cardinals linebacker Lorenzo Alexander talks about team expectations for 2014.
- John McClain, Houston Chronicle sportswriter - Friday July 11Houston Chronicle sportswriter John McClain talks about the Rockets’ offseason.
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Friday June 20Keim discusses his players progress so far and his anticipation of future signings.