Whisenhunt: Hope entire team took Seattle loss 'personally'
Even as the Cardinals look to snap their nine-game losing streak Sunday against the Detroit Lions, questions still remain over went wrong a week ago.
When asked Friday about the beat down his team took in Seattle, Ken Whisenhunt didn't shy away from the topic.
"I hope we all took what happened last week personally, the whole team," Whisenhunt said. "That's unacceptable. You can't turn the ball over eight times and give up over 300 yards rushing."
While the Cardinals coach said the team has tried to move beyond the loss this week, in some ways Whisenhunt seemed to insinuate it should be used as a point of motivation the rest of the season.
"We moved on from [the loss]," said Whisenhunt. "But it's still about being professionals and doing what you're supposed to do."
Although the Cardinals have little to play for standings-wise over the next three weeks, Whisenhunt said he was encouraged about his team's energy level in practice this week.
"I felt good about [this week]," said Whisenhunt. "Guys worked, there was energy and they paid attention. Hopefully it will translate to playing well Sunday."
The Lions come into University of Phoenix Stadium Sunday losers of five straight since November 4. Like the Cardinals, Jim Schwartz's squad sits in last place in their division with a 4-9 record. However, Detroit's offense leads the league in passing yards per game (307.8).
- Karlos Dansby, Cardinals linebacker - Friday May 10Dansby tells Doug & Wolf how excited he is to be back and how he plans to contribute
- Calais Campbell, AZ Cardinals defensive end - Monday May 6Big #93 talks to the guys about the new coaching staff and becoming more of a leader
- Calais Campbell, Cardinals DE - Friday May 3Campbell talks about his inaugural charity golf tournament debuting this weekend. Also, he gives his
- Andre Ellington, Cardinals RB - Thursday May 2Arizona's 6th round pick joins the show to reminisce on his college career and talk about what he br
- Earl Watford, Cardinals 4th Round Selection - Wednesday May 1Earl Watford talked to Doug & Wolf about his strengths and being drafted out of a small school.