Updated Dec 14, 2012 - 5:24 pm
Whisenhunt: Hope entire team took Seattle loss 'personally'
Even as the Cardinals look to snap their nine-game losing streak Sunday against the Detroit Lions, questions still remain over went wrong a week ago.
When asked Friday about the beat down his team took in Seattle, Ken Whisenhunt didn't shy away from the topic.
"I hope we all took what happened last week personally, the whole team," Whisenhunt said. "That's unacceptable. You can't turn the ball over eight times and give up over 300 yards rushing."
While the Cardinals coach said the team has tried to move beyond the loss this week, in some ways Whisenhunt seemed to insinuate it should be used as a point of motivation the rest of the season.
"We moved on from [the loss]," said Whisenhunt. "But it's still about being professionals and doing what you're supposed to do."
Although the Cardinals have little to play for standings-wise over the next three weeks, Whisenhunt said he was encouraged about his team's energy level in practice this week.
"I felt good about [this week]," said Whisenhunt. "Guys worked, there was energy and they paid attention. Hopefully it will translate to playing well Sunday."
The Lions come into University of Phoenix Stadium Sunday losers of five straight since November 4. Like the Cardinals, Jim Schwartz's squad sits in last place in their division with a 4-9 record. However, Detroit's offense leads the league in passing yards per game (307.8).
- Injury Report: St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals
- Able to walk again, Arizona Cardinals' Jonathan Cooper takes another step toward return
- NFL.com writer: Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu front-runner for Defensive Rookie of the Year honor
- Notes from the Nest: Arizona Cardinals practice - Dec. 4
- Tight ends torching Arizona Cardinals' defense, but it's not as bad as you think
- NFL Power Poll - Week 14 - Wednesday December 4Doug & Wolf debate which teams are top 5 in the NFL
- Daryl Johnston, Fox NFL Analyst - Tuesday December 3What were his takeaways from the Cardinals loss to Philadelphia?
- Bruce Arians- Arizona Cardinals Head Coach - Monday December 2Bruce Arians discusses the poor officiating Sunday against the Eagles.
- Bickley Blast 12-2-13 - Monday December 2Bickley Blast: Cardinals officials
- Steve Keim, AZ Cardinals GM - Monday December 2A look at what unfolded between the Cardinals and Eagles in Philadelphia.