Updated Dec 14, 2012 - 9:54 am
ESPN analyst a fan of new Cardinals QB Brian Hoyer
ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo the 27-year-old will need at least a week or two with the Cardinals before he will be ready for game action, with the team needing to very much simplify the gameplan for a player without much time in the system.
However, Jaworski added he is a fan of the former Patriots backup.
"I'm surprised Brian Hoyer was available after he was released by the New England Patriots earlier this year," Jaworski said. "I liked Brian when he was coming out.
"I thought what I saw of him on tape in New England, you know he had extensive preseason work, very limited regular season work, but I thought he had a shot to be an NFL quarterback."
"I was kind of surprised that Hoyer was not picked up immediately by a team like the Cardinals who had some quarterback needs."
- Arizona Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote says defense is good enough to overcome Darnell Dockett injury
- Notes from the Nest: Aug. 22, 2014
- Arizona Cardinals' DE Calais Campbell: Dockett injury 'sucks,' others need to step up
- A game-time decision, Jonathan Cooper going through learning experience with Arizona Cardinals
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington bulks up in anticipation of harder hits this season
- Peter King, SI.com senior NFL writer - Friday August 22Peter King thinks Carson Palmer could have a big year for the Cardinals.
- Michael Floyd, Cardinals wide receiver - Friday August 22Michael Floyd says he thinks he can be the best wide receiver in the NFL.
- Jared Veldheer, Cardinals tackle - Friday August 22Jared Veldheer talks about his road from a Division II college to the NFL.
- Bob McManaman- Arizona Republic senior sportswriter - Friday August 22Bob McManaman believes that Jay Feely is in danger of getting cut from the Cardinals.
- Andre Ellington- Cardinals running back - Friday August 22Andre Ellington looks forward to a break out year with the Arizona Cardinals.