Updated Dec 14, 2012 - 9:54 am
ESPN analyst a fan of new Cardinals QB Brian Hoyer
ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo the 27-year-old will need at least a week or two with the Cardinals before he will be ready for game action, with the team needing to very much simplify the gameplan for a player without much time in the system.
However, Jaworski added he is a fan of the former Patriots backup.
"I'm surprised Brian Hoyer was available after he was released by the New England Patriots earlier this year," Jaworski said. "I liked Brian when he was coming out.
"I thought what I saw of him on tape in New England, you know he had extensive preseason work, very limited regular season work, but I thought he had a shot to be an NFL quarterback."
"I was kind of surprised that Hoyer was not picked up immediately by a team like the Cardinals who had some quarterback needs."
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Arizona Cardinals sign wide receiver/kick returner Reggie Dunn
- The 5: Top storylines heading into Arizona Cardinals training camp
- Arizona Cardinals' Patrick Peterson and Michael Floyd rank high on ESPN's list of top under-25 players
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals loaded with under-25 talent
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.
- John Clayton, ESPN NFL Insider - Friday July 25ESPN NFL Insider John Clayton talks about Marshawn Lynch’s impending holdout.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday July 24What will the future hold for the Cardinals and Larry Fitzgerald?
- Dr. Cynthia Arnson - Immigration and Central America Expert - Tuesday July 22Why are we seeing this influx of immigrant minors?