Updated Dec 14, 2012 - 9:54 am
ESPN analyst a fan of new Cardinals QB Brian Hoyer
ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo the 27-year-old will need at least a week or two with the Cardinals before he will be ready for game action, with the team needing to very much simplify the gameplan for a player without much time in the system.
However, Jaworski added he is a fan of the former Patriots backup.
"I'm surprised Brian Hoyer was available after he was released by the New England Patriots earlier this year," Jaworski said. "I liked Brian when he was coming out.
"I thought what I saw of him on tape in New England, you know he had extensive preseason work, very limited regular season work, but I thought he had a shot to be an NFL quarterback."
"I was kind of surprised that Hoyer was not picked up immediately by a team like the Cardinals who had some quarterback needs."
- Arizona Cardinals begin camp with confidence and optimism
- Arizona Cardinals' Tyrann Mathieu takes another step closer to returning to the field
- Cardinals ILB Kevin Minter on trying to replace Karlos Dansby: 'It's going to be like college again'
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals need to run the football to win in the NFC West
- Carson Palmer: Arizona Cardinals are 'completely different team' from last year
- Kent Somers- AZCentral Sports - Friday July 25AZCentral Sports Cardinals beat writer Kent Somers discusses some of the challenges facing the Cardi
- Kevin Minter-Cardinals linebacker - Friday July 25Arizona Cardinals linebacker Kevin Minter discusses his new role this upcoming season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday July 25The Cardinals kick off training camp with high expectations.
- Impromptu Power Poll - Friday July 25What are the top 5 position battles for the AZ Cardinals heading into training camp?
- Carson Palmer, AZ Cardinals QB - Friday July 25Cardinals QB Carson Palmer describes the key to this offense winning games.