Updated Dec 14, 2012 - 9:54 am
ESPN analyst a fan of new Cardinals QB Brian Hoyer
ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo the 27-year-old will need at least a week or two with the Cardinals before he will be ready for game action, with the team needing to very much simplify the gameplan for a player without much time in the system.
However, Jaworski added he is a fan of the former Patriots backup.
"I'm surprised Brian Hoyer was available after he was released by the New England Patriots earlier this year," Jaworski said. "I liked Brian when he was coming out.
"I thought what I saw of him on tape in New England, you know he had extensive preseason work, very limited regular season work, but I thought he had a shot to be an NFL quarterback."
"I was kind of surprised that Hoyer was not picked up immediately by a team like the Cardinals who had some quarterback needs."
- Mark Schlereth, ESPN NFL analyst - Tuesday April 22ESPN NFL analyst Mark Schlereth talks about the NFL Draft.
- Terry McDonough, Cardinals VP of player personnel - Tuesday April 22Who will the Cardinals draft with their first-round pick?
- Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals wide receiver - Tuesday April 22How are the Cardinals getting better in the offseason?
- Derek Carr- Fresno State quarterback - Monday April 21Fresno State quarterback Derek Carr talks about the NFL Draft.
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?