Updated Dec 13, 2012 - 5:01 pm
Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald staying positive despite skid
Fitzgerald, who earlier this season became the youngest player ever to reach the 700-reception plateau, has been conspicuously absent from the stat sheet during the Arizona Cardinals' nine-game losing streak.
The six-time Pro Bowler has seen his production fall victim to Arizona's shoddy quarterback play. Fitzgerald has caught just six passes for 67 yards over the last four weeks, despite being the targeted receiver on 37 passes over that time span. The continued struggles to get him the ball have taken their toll on the receiver.
"Certain days, I'm up, some days, I'm down," Fitzgerald said Thursday. "I'm human, I have my ups and downs but I try my best to be a professional every day in coming here to work and give my best."
During his career, Fitzgerald has had 67 games (including playoffs) where he's caught at least six passes for 67 yards, so it must be difficult to accept the fact that there is such difficulty for Cardinal quarterbacks to find him and get the ball in his hands. But the seasoned veteran is doing his best to stay focused and positive.
"It would be easy to hang your head and be disappointed but as a teammate, you can't do that," he said. "You've got to continue to keep practicing and working hard and trying to improve. So that's my mindset every day.
"I never feel sorry for myself. It is what it is. I can only control what I can control and that's my effort every single day."
- Kent Somers, AZ Central Sports Cardinals beat writer - Thursday March 6Kent Somers discusses the Cardinals' efforts to sign Karlos Dansby.
- Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com NFL writer - Thursday March 6Pete Prisco of CBS Sports discusses the NFL offseason and the NFL draft.
- Jay Feely, Cardinals kicker - Thursday March 6Would a change to the extra point actually hinder player safety?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 3Get off Paul's Lawn!